Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a doll that was my grandmas. It is about 4 ft tall…

Customer Question
I have a doll...

I have a doll that was my grandmas. It is about 4 ft tall and is marked 191 G under that 17. She has a baked head with baked in teeth and the eyes are from Germany.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

There is a picture of the doll with my grandma at 5 years old. They are about the same height. My grandma died 3 years ago and was 94. So it is at least 85 years old?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/2/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 11 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the doll
and the marks on the back of her neck or shoulder.

I have attached pictures. She is about 36 inches tall.

Kammer and Rhinehart (Germany) Child Doll, 1915, mold 191G, head size 17, bisque head on a ball jointed composition and wood body, feathered painted brows, glass sleep eyes or painted eyes with painted lashes, open mouth with teeth, wigged, some have pierced ears. Value of $250.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local) , Wanelo.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com,
Ebay and letgo.com (local).

You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

Please do click the stars now for this one, it is very important for me
to get good feedback for answering.

Where did you get the value from? I have a doll hospital that estimate $1250

I must made a typo there, I thought I had written $1250.

I see that I wrote $250 and left out the 1, my apologies!

to get good feedback for answering.

Fishy....Again where did your estimate come from?

I have access to four paid databases of recent sales that I can use

for comps.