Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have an ashtray with the inscription on the inside which…

Customer Question
I have an ashtray...

I have an ashtray with the inscription on the inside which says "This stone came from the Houses of Parliament. I can send you a photo if that helps.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I received it from a late aunt. I do not know where she got it. It looks like it was never used as an ashtray. It is a light brownish colour. The inscription is in the mispddle of the stone on what looks like a heavy metal with a picture of a crown and a metal gate.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Not that I know of.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Antiques
8/2/2017
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 1 year ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Please send images at your convenience.

~Nora

Thank you for your patience.

Your stone ashtray made from the rubble of Houses of Parliament were salvaged from the Blitz Bombings in London around 1945. Yours could sell for $50 - $85USD or 63CAD - 107CAD.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora