Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

E G W & S Salt 7 Pepper, lovely patterns of flora & people:

Customer Question
E G W &...

E G W & S Salt 7 Pepper , lovely patterns of flora & people: any idea what year it might be from or is it something i should try to make some $$ on (I need it!) or should I just enjoy them?? Thank you!

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

The tiny stamp on the bottoms are in 'old English' script

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Antiques
8/2/2017
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 1 year ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

Hello

Are these the Slender Style, that almost have a bullet shape to them?

Glenda

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Glenda!! yes...a rectangular shape

Thank you.

.

This is your answer please read entirely. Please rate after reading, thanks

.
I have been an Appraiser for over 45 years. I have also been an Antique shop owner, buying and selling on the current market.
.
The Elizur G. Webster & Son company Silver Plate, salt and pepper set has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $65.00-75.00 if sold at an auction(a local auction ) it would sell for a little less,at around $40.00-45.00, if this were sold in a High End Antique Shop in a larger city it would sell for $75.00 depending on the condition. If I were selling it I would list it for $75.00
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you need values for. Just send to "Glenda Only" I would be happy to help.
.
Glenda,
.
Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. This is the only way we get credit for our work.They should be located top right of the page.( scroll all the way back to the top of page ) Or you may see review expert or rate expert, you can click on that. This is the only way I get credit for my work.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.