Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I just purchased a colonial grandfather clock at a garage

Customer Question

I just purchased a colonial grandfather clock at a garage sale for $20.it is mod1801 132 dx. can you tell me the value of it. the weights and pendulum are missing
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: the wood is in great shape. the glass was dirty but cleaned it up. the working motor is all there
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: the door was locked. my wife found some old keys that her mother had and one of them opened it
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 months ago.

The value of this grandfather clock is $40 to $60

with pendulum and weights missing and $80 to $100

if you were to replace them.

Please do click the stars now for this one, it is very important for me
to get good feedback for answering.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.