Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

8/1/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 1 year ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature to add pictures of the watch, dial, inner case (where there will be marks, words or symbols) and the movement.
The serial number on a watch is on the movement (gears area) and not on the case. Those are always two different numbers.

Add pictures one at a time( add one, hit send, then do the next).

Once you do, give me some time to research.

No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I respond.

TO GET TO THE SERIAL NUMBER
To open the back cuvee( dust cover), you can use the edge of your fingernail or the edge of a

sharp knife at what would be the 2 o'clock position if you looked at the cuvee in terms of a clock face.

There is a raised lip in the region that allows for leverage to pop the case open.