Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have had a painting for sometime and hope someone can help…

Customer Question
I have had a...

I have had a painting for sometime and hope someone can help me find the value of it. Purchased at a second hand store, the frame fell off and now it is just on stretched canvas. From my research, I believe it is a piece from "Canaletto" and something away from the cityscapes he is known for. I believe it was painted when he worked in the theater before he started following his father. Do you know who can help me?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

The artwork is of a life size Stradivarius violin, and a sheet of music that seem to come off the paper in 3D. The shading is what he was known for in his buildings and he played a violin as a form of entertainment. The painting is signed.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Antiques
8/1/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 1 year ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. Please add images at your convenience by using the +Add File feature
next to the SEND button.

I will need to see to see pictures of the painting,
signature and any labels on the back of the completed framing. Give me time to do some research after you add pictures.
No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I do respond.