Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I am trying to find out the value of some bone china that I…

Customer Question
Hello - I am...

Hello - I am trying to find out the value of some bone china that I have. it was my mother's -- the bottom marking says

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Hutschenreuther Selb LHS Bavaria Germany US ZONE Hutschenreuther Selb LHS Bavaria Germany US ZONE Turvel

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

It's white with indigo and gold detailing

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Antiques
8/1/2017
Antique Expert: Diana F., Antiques Appraiser replied 6 months ago
Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Appraiser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help.

.

If it's not too much trouble could you give me a list of exactly what pieces you have in your set and photos of the pattern?

.

If your message box has a blue box that says "attach file" or a paper clip icon you can use that to upload photos. If not then you can click this link for instructions on uploading images
.
ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

.

thanks,

Diana

taking pictures now
I have a full set of these. I'd have to go look through it all to give you a full inventory, but I wanted a general idea if that's not too much to ask.
Is this going to cost me $34.00 ? I thought it was $5.00
are you still there?
hello????

Hi. Honestly I could ballpark it but the value can vary greatly depending on just what you have. Certain service pieces or how many pieces you have in a place setting can be the difference of hundreds of dollars. That's why I generally ask for a full list before providing any values.

.

I'm not responsible for charges and don't have any control over customer's accounts. I can send you to customer service to discuss charges before we go any further.

~Diana

I'd appreciate if you ballpark it like you said you could -- I'm new at this and feeling very much like I'm being swindled when you answer a question with a question.

Hi. I understand you have concerns. You're right to. I completely understand that. I don't mean to confuse you more by answering with more questions.

.

In order for you not to feel like that, I need you to understand the charges before we continue. Per site policy, I'm not allowed to discuss those with you. I am only compensated if you rate me with a positive rating. I work very hard to give the customers as thorough of an answer as I can in order to do that.

.

If I give you an answer and then you decide that you were charged too much or didn't understand those charges and get a refund, that is taken away from me. That means I'll will have worked for nothing.

.
So I just want to make sure you understand everything before we go forward.

.
You can contact customer service at these numbers:

1(###) ###-####/p>

1-***-***-****

1-***-***-****

.

When you've done that and understand, I'll still be here to answer your question

~Diana

please help me understand the charges.

Hi. I'm not allowed to discuss those with you. The experts are not allowed to discuss customer accounts and charges. We actually do not know anything about customer accounts. We come to the site just like you. We pick up customer's questions and help them. If the customer is happy and rates us positively, then we're compensated. If not, we're not. That is all we're allowed to know.

.

I would love to be able to, but I can't. My hands are completely tied on the matter.

.

If you will just call customer service, they can explain it to you.

.

1(###) ###-####/p>

1-***-***-****

1-***-***-****

~Diana

in other words, they just made $5.00 off of me and then switched to $34.00 and now i can't get a refund of the $5.00 or any information about the china.fantastic. you have your hands tied to a real operation, Diana. It's the American way isn't it? the old bait and switch.Think about all the people that this happens to... mind boggling when you do the math x $5.00what a shame.

First off, let me explain. I do not work for Just Answer site. I am an independent appraiser who uses their website just like you do as a customer. The only difference is you ask a question and I answer those questions. Appraisers do not have any access to customer accounts. We do not see their accounts. We do not see their charges. The only contact we have between customers is the message box you and I are talking in.

.

That is why I tried to explain to that in order for you to understand the charges, you have to contact customer service. They handle any and all customer accounts. I cannot see your charges. I do not charge you anything and cannot charge you. I do not get any money from you unless you rate me. That's it. That's the only way.

.

I hope you can understand why I'm not answering your question right now. Since you are unhappy with the charges and do not understand the charges, if I was to spend all my time researching your china and then you get a refund because you don't understand those charges, I will have worked and spent all my time for nothing. That's not fair to me or my expertise.

.

If you have a problem with the site charging you the $5 deposit or any other charges, you can contact the numbers I gave you. They can give you a full refund, but you have to call one of those numbers.

.

I'm sorry you think I'm the one cheating you or misleading you. You're just asking questions I'm not allowed and unable to answer. I do believe if you go back and read the beginning of your question or contract that it does mention a $5 deposit and balance will be charged after the expert has responded. No one will keep your money from you. If you contact those numbers you can get a full refund.

~Diana

Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur