LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

I have a question :) in last week on marketpleace i buy this

Customer Question

hello yes
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: i have a question :)
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: in last week on marketpleace i buy this map, can you tell me something moor about this map ?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to working with you.

Please add pictures of the item(s) and any maker's marks by clicking the Add Files button.

The Add Files feature will prompt you to locate the file you'd like to attach from your computer.
You can repeat this process to attach more than one picture.
Add one, write a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

There should be something on the outer margins in tiny type

that mentions the publisher or date.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
this map is" orbis terrae compendiosa descrip"
Customer: replied 2 months ago.

I am unable to find a match for this item. I will opt-out and allow another expert to answer.
They will see our conversation and your photos. I am not able to respond once I opt-out. Good luck!

Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. This is an older map done in Germany 1930s and was a print of the original map hand colored and framed it has a value of 275.00-325.00 in todays market. The name "orbis terrae compendiosa descrip" which means.........A diagram (descriptio) of the world (orbis terrarum) shown (compresa) - not a literal translation, but that's the jest of the translation. Done in two flat hemispheres with additional detail with the smaller circles on top and bottom It is in good condition and these are nice pieces to hang on your wall and enjoy.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer it is just how I am paid from the site. Thank you.

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars: 1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all questions.