Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

Purchased large urns vases from michaels fine art in San

Customer Question
Francisco they told my wife...
Purchased large urns vases from michaels fine art in San Francisco they told my wife they were mutant glass but they have no markings and look like fancy Chinese urns vases. They told here they were originally $12000 she got them both for $800. Anyway to send you a photo? Thanks
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Can I send a photo
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Antiques
8/1/2017
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 3 months ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Please send images at your convenience.

~Nora

How do I send them

Hi~

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

What is your email. I can send you the photo

You can try emailing your images to *****@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

~Nora

Ok I just sent it.
How long does this usually take. I need to head to my office. Thanks
The time varies and its not instant. You do not need to wait by your computer. I will certainly let you know when they do arrive to me.
~Nora
Thank you. I'm looking forward to your opinion

I received your image, thank you.

I have not found a match to this for you.

I will opt-out and open your question again to all the experts at no additional charge. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra. There is not a guarantee that you will receive a response.

I will not be able to respond back after opting-out

I do hope you find the information that you seek.

~Nora

Does it look to you like anything Murano. I have been there twice and have never seen anything like this vase/urn
Do you not have any opinion?

No definitely not Murano.

~Nora

Any guesses on value? It looks Asian to me

I will opt-out and let another expert weigh in.

Any other experts out there? Anybody think the photo is Murano?
Antique Expert: LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser replied 3 months ago
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser

Hello my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. I would need you to send the photos to***@******.*** and in the email please put for ladytanya65 and as soon as I can see the vases I can tell you the information and values on the vases. I am sorry however I can not see the previous photos you sent to the first expert. I look forward to seeing you and have been to several stores in San Francisco many do handle Asian pieces and state they are something different. I will be able to tell you whether they are Murano or something else. Also after I have evaluated them you can print this out and take them back if possible to see if you can get your money refunded or keep them if you like them. I look forward to helping you.

Great I am sending you the photo now Thanks
Tanya did you receive my photo yet?
Tanya you getting back to me or not? Please let me know. Thanks
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur