Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I have a pair of Ormolu 5 light Bronze candelabra purchased…

Customer Question
I have a pair...

I have a pair of Ormolu 5 light Bronze candelabra purchased in the mid 1950's by my parents in Paris. They are 24" tall and weight 13.5 lbs each I am not sure if there are any markings on them but there might be the initials "RWB' or "BWB" on the base. I am trying to learn a potential value and decide the best way to either sell or consign for auction. Any suggestions? I have pictures I can send via e-mail.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Not that I am aware of.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Antiques
8/1/2017
Antique Expert: Robert S., Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 6 months ago
Robert S.
Robert S., Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help with your French candelabra.

Please go ahead and attach the photos at your convenience, plus some close-ups of the mark and the entire underside of one of the bases.

Just click on the paperclip icon and it will automatically pull up your picture files (on your computer) for you to select a photo to attach.

If you don't have a photo in your computer, simply email yourself one from a smart phone and save it in your picture files. Here's picture-attaching help if you need it:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Many thanks,

Robert

Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur