Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a highly hand decorated sterling silver 11 1/2"

Customer Question
I have a highly...

I have a highly hand decorated sterling silver 11 1/2" platter that was meant to hang on a wakk ans it is by J. Ceron G

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Did you get my question?

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Did you get my message???? I would like an appraisal. I can send a picture.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/1/2017
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 9 months ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
Hello, Please send images at your convenience
Finally, I have been trying to be able to talk with you since we started. How come after my first question can't i talk to you or add something It was such a wast of time for both of us. Anyway how can I send a picture to you? Thank you, Stephen
Hello, there should be an add files icon for attaching photos
I would love to talk on the phone but the cost is too high. I don't want to end up paying almost $100.00 just to answer a question. Can I send a Picture?
that is fine, you can send an image.
If you need more pictures i have them.
Did you get the pictures or do I have to do something to send them.? It use to be only $25.oo before for a question, $48.00 is a lot for an appraisal.
Also I would like the age and value of this item. Do you need more pictures?
Thank you for the images, please allow me some time to look these over
http://f01.justanswer.com.s3.amazonaws.com/R8kiOs9e/IMG_0371.JPG Are you still working on it?
Are you there? It has been over an hour.
Why is none of this is explained by Ask or by the appraiser. The last thing my appraiser said was let me look at the pictures. Now the message says 24 Hours???
Antique Expert: AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 9 months ago
AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hi, my name is***** am so sorry that Nora did not get back to you, I have no idea what happened!

I am a certified appraiser and I'd be happy to take over.

This is a Mexican .925 sterling charger by A. Ceron. It's from the 2nd quarter of the 20th century.

The current resale value would be $500 - $700.

If you have additional questions about this item, I am happy to continue working with you. Just continue our discussion in the reply box.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you, please rate my answer. I am not paid by the site until you do. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer, and I will continue to be available if you have more questions on the item. Thank you.

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars. I always strive for 5 star service, but please rate as you feel is appropriate. However, if you are considering a low rating, please try to give me the opportunity to improve my service to you first!

If you’d like to request me for future questions, please put " for Jennifer only" in your post. I respond to requested questions first.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

I am very happy with the answer of the second person to check my item which was Jennifer. I do not understand why Nora never never gave me an answer even after repeated requests by me. I was never informed that she might take 24 hours to get back to me. Ifeel that your company is very misleading. First I was sucked in by a $5.00 cost. Next thing I knew the $5.00 went to $48.00 which I feel is excessive. When I was tired of waiting for an answer only because by what Nora said, ("please allow me some time to look these over") referring to the pictures I sent. I waited an hour before I asked if she was still there. I do not feel that it would take more than an hour to say something about a couple of pictures. Finally I had to change to another person (Jennifer) and she was able to give me a good answer. Had I knew that it would have taken a day to get back to me (Which is not Jennifer's fault) I could have done the research myself in a couple of hours. What I am really trying to say is that "Just Answer" is very deceiving & misleading. Like I said that if I had known that there was even a chance that this would have taken more than an hour or two, I could have done it myself. For that reason I feel that at least part of my $48.00 should be refunded but because of the work that Jennifer did, I feel she should be paid the standard amount. I will wait for 1 day for you to get back to me before calling the BBB, The Consumer Affairs & Business Regulation & the Attorney General. Sincerely, Stephen *******

I am so sorry about this! I am flagging your post to both Expert Help and Customer Service.

Jennifer

AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM