Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a oriental case that was given to my grandmother

Customer Question
I have a oriental...

I have a oriental case that was given to my grandmother maybe has value...dont know anything about it...cant figure out Mark on bottom...how can I know if it has value

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Is there anyway I can send picture and have it appraised and is there a charge

Expert's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Antiques Appraiser. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

Ok

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Antiques
8/1/2017
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 1 year ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
Hello, Please send images at your convenience
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's a blue white oriental case don't know if it china or japan...i know it was brought to my grandma in the 1940s or before from my grandfather that was a merchant marine...has Mar on bottom but I don't know where it's from or value
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'd rather do txt

I will send an additional services offer for you.

~Nora

Hi~

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

You can try emailing your images to *****@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

~Nora