Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a leighton pottery tea set royal blue with black

Customer Question
I have a leighton...

I have a leighton pottery tea set royal blue with black handles complete set cannot find it anywhere (the value) it has markings came from my grandparents estate I know it was a family heirloom

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

It has the markings of leighton pottery

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

I think its from 1930's or earlier

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Antiques
7/31/2017
Antique Expert: AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 1 year ago
AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

Is it possible to upload photos of the item, including any and all marks?

If you don’t have photos, I can do my best without them—just let me know—but it’s more accurate with photos.

There should be a +ADD FILES feature next to our Send button.

If not, then there is a paperclip above the reply box that you click to attach photos.

The photos won’t upload unless you also have at least one word in the text box! You won’t see the attached photo along with the text before you post it, but you will see the paperclip or attach button turn green.

I look forward to working with you.

Sincerely, Jennifer

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
tea set

Yes, are you able to upload a photo of the set and of the mark?

Thanks, ***** ***** researching now.

This set is by Bourne & Leigh, which used the Leighton pottery in Bursem.

This particular mark was used, as you suspected, in the 1930s.

This color is known as Delph blue, but this pattern was not ever assigned a name.

The value of the tea set would be $400 - $600.

If you have additional questions about this item, I am happy to continue working with you. Just continue our discussion in the reply box.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you, please rate my answer. I am not paid by the site until you do. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer, and I will continue to be available if you have more questions on the item. Thank you.

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars. I always strive for 5 star service, but please rate as you feel is appropriate. However, if you are considering a low rating, please try to give me the opportunity to improve my service to you first!

If you’d like to request me for future questions, please put " for Jennifer only" in your post. I respond to requested questions first.

Sincerely,

Jennifer