Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a Chinese Ginger jar I am interested in selling but…

Customer Question
I have a Chinese...

I have a Chinese Ginger jar I am interested in selling but am unsure of its value

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

It stands 15'" high with gold inlay. The base color is tan with a dragon on the lid

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

It appears to have a signature or mark on the inside of the lid Of course its in Chinese so I have no idea what it signifies

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Antiques
7/31/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 11 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I look forward to working with you.

Please add pictures of the item(s) and any maker's marks by clicking the Add Files button.

The Add Files feature will prompt you to locate the file you'd like to attach from your computer.
You can repeat this process to attach more than one picture.
Add one, write a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.