Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a floor lamp that I believe to be an original

Customer Question

I have a floor lamp that I believe to be an original Tiffany, but it is not signed and someone told me that they were not all signed because they quit making them because they were so big and heavy. It came from the McDonough estate in Parkersburg, WV. Of course the McDonoughs were one of the wealthiest and oldest families in the area. They now have the McDonough foundation. I would really like to get it appraised by an honest person. It really is a beautiful old piece.
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: It is filled with lead in the base and the shade is 30 in. across.It has 4 really fancy lamps to hold the bulbs.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to working with you.

Please add pictures of the item(s) and any maker's marks by clicking the Add Files button.

The Add Files feature will prompt you to locate the file you'd like to attach from your computer.
You can repeat this process to attach more than one picture.
Add one, write a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I want ask a couple of questions first.I pushed paypal for the 5.00n free trial and they immediately charged me 48.00.Why is that.?

The experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who do not handle charges,
fees, credit cards, memberships or subscriptions in any way or form.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
how can I check on this ? Are you an Antiques Roadshow rep?

There should be a customer service link in the site map at the bottom of your page.

We can get back to your item once you let me know you have sorted out your account.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok