Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have some children's books from the early 1900's. One in…

Customer Question
I have some children's...

I have some children's books from the early 1900's. One in particular is from 1902 entitled "The Book of Joyous Children" by James Whitcomb Riley

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

What is the value of the aforementioned book please? The other two are: Tales from Fairyland"1908 and "First Lessons" 1905

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

They are in excellent condition. None of them are signed by the author.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Antiques
7/30/2017
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 1 year ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques and art collector as well as dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you. Please know I do not send pop-up offers. Although I am USPAP-trained, the assessments given here do not meet USPAP requirements.

Thoughtful responses take time. My responses are not instantaneous.

Please tell me what the covers are.

Kind regards,
Doris