Doris
Doris, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

I appear to have a full set 12 of each plus platters, gravy

Customer Question

I appear to have a full set 12 of each plus platters, gravy boat, creamer, sugar bowl etc. of Sebring Pottery China Bouquet. I am looking for a list of the items in this particular pattern and approx. value. Almost all pieces are in excellent unused condition.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: No just trying to find out if I have all items in the collection or not. I would need to know sizes of each item to make sure I am confirming the correct piece.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques and art collector as well as dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you. Please know I do not send pop-up offers.
Although I am USPAP-trained, the assessments given here do not meet USPAP requirements.

Thoughtful responses take time. My responses are not instantaneous.

Please allow me time to research the data required by your question, calculate current values and write my answer.

I may need to ask further details about your item or request photos before I can give an informed final answer.

I thank you in advance for your patience.

Kind regards,
Doris

Expert:  Doris replied 2 months ago.

These are the pieces that I found that were made for this pattern by Sebring. The values are given in USD. To convert to Canadian dollars, use the current rate of $1 USD = $1.24 CAD.

Dinner - 10" - 10

Salad plate - 7 1/4" - 8

Bread & butter - 6 3/8" - 6

Rim soup/dessert bowl - 5 3/8" and 8 3/8" - both are 8

Coupe cereal - 6 1/4" and 8" - both are 8

Vegetable bowl - 8" - 16

Covered vegetable bowl - 32

Platter - 11" - 16

Cup/saucer - 2 1/4" - 14

Platter - 15" - 90

Gravy - 90

Relish - 7 1/8" - 14

Demitasse cup/saucer - 9

Cake plate - 10 7/8" - 16

Lidded sugar - 24

Open sugar - 18

Cranberry bowl - 5 1/4" - 22

Platter - 13" - 70

Teapot - 4 3/8" - 90

Gravy underplate - 20

Lemon dish - 10

Salt and pepper - 20

Creamer - 20.

Note sizes are quoted where they were listed.

If you wish to search for or sell some items in your pattern, these are my suggestions.

In US:
ChinaLane.com
ChinaFinders.com
ChinaReplacements.com

In UK:
ChinaSearch.co.uk
MatchingChina.co.uk
ChinaMatchers.co.uk
ReplaceYourPlates.co.uk
ReplaceYourChina.com

Australia: http://www.allthegalleries.com/dealers/porcelain.html

Online auctions like eBay generally bring wholesale selling prices.

If you would like to sell close to estimated retail, some ideas are:

The internet has your largest audience of buyers. Place small ads on these sites or set up your own small store on these sites.

Be sure to specify local pick up only for large items. That way the buyer would be responsible for obtaining his own insurance and transport.

These sites carry antique as well as vintage items.
Accept PayPal only.

Etsy.com - small fees-20 cents to list plus 3.5% final price.
Artfire.com

These sites are excellent and more upscale but fees are higher. I only recommend them if you have several items to sell.
GoAntiques.com
Rubylane.com
Tias.com
cyberattic.com
trocadero.com
https://www.justcollecting.com/about/selling

Or your nearest CraigsList.com where you can list items for free. Accept cash only.

Ultimately, to obtain these retail values we assume the piece or set is in good condition and that the final value depends on sale geographic location.

In general, a private seller to a dealer, via consignment or at auction can expect 30-50% of estimated retail value.

Insurance replacement values are usually about 20% more than retail values.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system.

To complete this transaction, please click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the submit button. Or if you see "review expert" or "rate expert", you can click on that.

If you using a mobile phone: scroll to the top of the page then click on Finish Rating, then click on the stars! This allows me to be credited by JA for my Knowledge, Time and Effort.

Rating me does not cost you anything extra.

Bonuses are not required but are always appreciated.

Kind regards.

Doris

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you type "For Doris Only" as the first of three words of the question, I should be able to help you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you very much. This is the info. I was needing.
Expert:  Doris replied 2 months ago.

You are welcome.

*********************
I am only credited by JA for my work on this question if you rate my answer positively, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

*********************

Expert:  Doris replied 2 months ago.

************************************
Hi there!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help or do you have more questions about your item that would help?

Kind regards,
Doris

************************************