Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Pearl, This past weekend a friend gave me a vase that he and…

Customer Question
Hello, Pearl, Expert's Assistant:...

Hello, Pearl,

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

This past weekend a friend gave me a vase that he and his partner collected about 40 years ago. I want to find information as to origin, age, etc.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Can I send a picture?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Antiques
7/30/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 11 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

Thank you for the photos. I will work on this and get back to you today.

You will get an email when I respond.

Thank you

This is a French majolica pottery vase from about 1940.

The style is based on the 1890's art nouveau styles

but the gold paint brings the vase well into the 20th century.

It was common for this type of pottery to be marked with only a shape number

and no maker's mark.

The value of this piece is $200 to $275 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local) , Wanelo.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com,
Ebay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. Bonuses are also welcome!

Thank you for your quick response and information.

You are so welcome. Do click the stars now so the site will know I have helped you today.