Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I BOUGHT A PICTURE OF A FARM HOUSE IN A FIELD IN THE 1970

Customer Question

HI I BOUGHT A PICTURE OF A FARM HOUSE IN A FIELD IN THE 1970 SIZE 39 INCHES BY 49 1/4 INCHES I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE VALUE NUMBER 133067
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I BOUGHT A PICTURE IN THE 1970'S OF AN OLD FARM HOUSE IN A FIELD NUMBER 133067 SIZE 39 X 491/4 I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE VALUE SIGNED BY LEE REYNOLDS I DO UNDERSTAND THAT HE SIGNED MANY PICTURES BUT DID NOT PAINT THEM
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: THE PICTURE IS IN PERFECT CONDITION
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques and art collector as well as dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you. Please know I do not send pop-up offers. Although I am USPAP-trained, the assessments given here do not meet USPAP requirements.
Thoughtful responses take time. My responses are not instantaneous.

What size is your piece (in inches) not including the frame?(30x49 inches??) Please do not remove from the frame.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment.
If you cannot send photos, I can still work with your descriptions; however, I can give more accurate answers if I have photos.
Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send photos of the front and back of your framed piece.

Please send a photo of the signature.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the signature.

To send photos you may use the "ADD FILES" in the blue box link (next to "SEND") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

OR-

Site Help With Photos:

1-***-***-****

The Help service with photos does not cost extra. This is not the same as the pop-up that asks about phone calls. The pop-up is an extra phone call service related to the appraisal, not photos.

I do not send pop-up offers.

Kind regards,
Doris