Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a senica clock in working order trying to find out…

Customer Question
I have a senica...

I have a senica clock in working order trying to find out what it might be worth for insurance

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

It is fully working order with key has no issues and said it was from 1800

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Not that i know of im not really sure what you need to know

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Antiques
7/29/2017
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 1 year ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques and art collector as well as dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you. Please know I do not send pop-up offers. Although I am USPAP-trained, the assessments given here do not meet USPAP requirements.
Thoughtful responses take time. My responses are not instantaneous.

What size is your clock in inches?

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment.
If you cannot send photos, I can still work with your descriptions; however, I can give more accurate answers if I have photos.
Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send photos of the front and back of your clock.

Please send a photo of the face.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the face.

To send photos you may use the "ADD FILES" in the blue box link (next to "SEND") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

OR-

Site Help With Photos:

1-***-***-****

The Help service with photos does not cost extra. This is not the same as the pop-up that asks about phone calls. The pop-up is an extra phone call service related to the appraisal, not photos.

I do not send pop-up offers.

Kind regards,
Doris

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the clock is 11 inches high 12 inches high at top and 8 inches in middle attached is pictures
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
this is in great condition and runs great

What does the writing say. Were you told 1800s or 1800?