Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

We found a No. 20 1888 Sylvan Garland - Michigan Stove Co…

Customer Question
We found a No...

We found a No. 20 1888 Sylvan Garland - Michigan Stove Co with a base that has the gold bar with the name Sylvan Garland. It is in fair condition and needs some cleaning. It has the decorative ornament on the top and seems to be a wood burning cooking stove. Was curious how to sell it and how much it is worth. It was in our dads outbuilding and he recently passed away.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

The base is not connected to it, I assume it sits on the base and there is an area on the base that looks like it was welded.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/28/2017
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 11 months ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Please send images at your convenience.

~Nora

Hi~

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

You can try emailing your images to *****@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

~Nora