Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I have a doll and I'm sure her face is the work of

Customer Question
Hello! I have a...

Hello! I have a doll and I'm sure her face is the work of Modigliani. But I need an expert opinion.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Only this. I can send you a picture

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

The time this doll has been conceived matches with the time Modigliani was alive

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Antiques
7/28/2017
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 6 months ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Please send images at your convenience.

~Nora

Thank you for the images. Please allow me some time to look these over for you.

~Nora

Thank you

It is not possible to state the maker of this early 20th century doll.

I will opt-out and open your question again to all the experts at no additional charge. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra. There is not a guarantee that you will receive a response.

I will not be able to respond back after opting-out

I do hope you find the information that you seek.

~Nora

Antique Expert: AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 6 months ago
AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help. I have some questions:

1) Are there any marks, stamps, or labels anywhere on the doll?

2) What materials are the head, hands, and body made of?

3) How do you know the time period of the doll?

Thank you.

Jennifer

Can I help you further?

Jennifer

Hello Jennifer. I haven't seen any stamps,the doll is of wood

Thank you. What makes you think this is from Modigliani's period instead of more recently? Family story, date of acquisition, etc.?

Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur