Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have 2 complete wm hutton &sons tea service sets, and 1

Customer Question

I have 2 complete wm hutton &sons tea service sets, and 1 random g. Weeton mfg. Co. Teapot all sterling silver plated, are these worth Anything? Given to me by my grandmother. 1 was hers, 1 was her mother's.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: I don't think so, tired of cleaning it all, thinking of selling 1set, would like to know if any of it is worth anything before I decide what to do with it. I know my son doesn't want it.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I look forward to working with you.

Please add pictures of the item(s) and any maker's marks by clicking the Add Files button.

The Add Files feature will prompt you to locate the file you'd like to attach from your computer.
You can repeat this process to attach more than one picture.
Add one, write a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The last picture is the stamp off the bottom of the first picture

These are late 1800's English silver plated (not sterling silver)

tea sets made by Wm Hutton and Sons of Sheffield ,England

in shape number 04398. Each tea service is valued at about $100 to $150 USD.

The random piece is also silver plated made by G. Weeton Manufacturing Co of Cananda

in shape number 515 from the 1880's. This piece is worth $15 to $20USD.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local) , Wanelo.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, Ebay and letgo.com (local).

You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

Please do click the stars now for this one, it is very important for me
to get good feedback for answering.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.