Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have two old bedroom pieces that are from my husband's

Customer Question

I have two old bedroom pieces that are from my husband's grandmother. The one piece is large walnut chest and the other is a dressing table with two drawers on either side, a stool and a very large round mirror.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: My age is 66 so grandmother would have been probably purchasing in 1940 or 50's
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including marks, labels or signatures.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.
If you don’t have photos, please let me know and I will answer without them.

Best Regards,
Rarewares

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The chest in in the back and the stool with the dressing chest is in corner. I'm at work and this is the only picture I have. Sorry.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
May I send you a picture later? What do I get for my $5???

Maybe you could send me photos later when you are home.

Do look on the inside of drawers or on the back where there might be maker's burnished marks or labels.

There is no time limit here, add the photos at your convenience.