Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  A noted expert, author, TV personality, appraiser and columnist. President, Association of Online Appraisers. Author of 3 books on collecting.
57035021

I just received an Ennis & Co upright Piano. Sure looks over

Customer Question

I just received an Ennis & Co upright Piano. Sure looks over a hundred years old. Sounds greate. Serial Number58346. What year would that be?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I just described the instrument. Can put a production year to itz
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: I am not looking for an apraizle, just the approximate year please
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help. I've been an appraiser of musical instruments for 28 years, and am the President of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The serial number indicates that your piano was built in 1922. That would make it 95 years old. Great guess!

I hope this answer has been helpful to you. Please let me know if you'd like me to explain or expand on any of the above, I would be glad to.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.
I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button), at no extra cost to you. Your positive rating is how I am credited for my work. Please click the five stars above, and then click the green button. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.
Thank you so much!

I am just checking in to see if you have any additional questions about your item?
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com; experts are verified users. Experts are only credited when and if you, the customer, leaves a favorable rating.
Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer at no additional cost to you.