Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Need value of Blue Willow Dishes. Have 6-4piece place

Customer Question

Need value of Blue Willow Dishes. Have 6-4piece place settings, cream and sugar, salt and pepper shakers, 1 large platter and 1 smaller, 1large vegetable bowl and 3 cereal bowls.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: These pieces have Homer Laughlin made in USA on bottom.
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: These pieces are in very good condition except one cup the handle has been broken in 1 piece and glued back on.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Robert S. replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I would be glad to help with your blue willow service.

The value depends a lot on the age of the set and the maker. Could you very kindly attach a photo of it and one of the mark on the bottom.

Also, just to confirm the inventory:

6 cups & saucers (one cup damaged)

6 bread & butter plates

6 dinner plates

creamer & sugar

salt & pepper

2 oval platters (sizes?)

1 vegetable server

3 cereal bowls.

Many thanks,
Robert.

PS. To attach photos: click on the paperclip icon and it will automatically pull up your picture files (on your computer) for you to select a photo to attach.

If you don't have a photo in your computer, simply email yourself one from a smart phone and save it in your picture files. Here's picture-attaching help if you need it:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl