Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

We have a 24place setting of China that was a wedding

Customer Question

We have a 24place setting of China that was a wedding present to my wife's grand mother---how do we assaes value
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: The logo on the back is
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: The Brand on the back of the dish is "Meito China-Japan Hand Painted
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help.

Please post pictures of the item(s) and any maker's marks or signatures by clicking the Add Files link.
The link will prompt you to locate the file you'd like to attach from your computer.
You can repeat this process to attach more than one picture.

Meito China was in business from 1907 to 1970 with most

china in the US being sold from 1930 to 1950 when the brand was most popular here.

Your service for 24 in Meito china has a current value of $800 to $1000 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local) , Wanelo.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, Ebay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

Please take a moment to click the five stars in the upper right of your
screen and hit the orange SUBMIT button to signal the site that I have
completed the question. Thanks!