Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I am in need of an appraised value for a Japanese Art piece.

Customer Question

Hello, I am in need of an appraised value for a Japanese Art piece. Are you able, if I provide you with information about the art piece, to give me your professional opinion on the value?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Ok. The art piece is a 19th Century "Meiji Period" Japanese Monumental Bronze Vase that I paid $1200 for at an auction in Okinawa, Japan in 2004. It stands about 3 feet tall, weighs at least 15-20lbs,
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: It has original markings and once belonged to an Emperor.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 3 months ago.

Please send images at your convenience.

~Nora

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello, I have attached images. Please reply back as soon as you can. I need a quote, fast. My art piece/vase was broken and I need the appraised value. Thank you, kindly.
Expert:  Nora replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for the image, I have not found a match to this for you.

I will opt-out and open your question again to all the experts at no additional charge. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra. There is not a guarantee that you will receive a response.

I will not be able to respond back after opting-out

I do hope you find the information that you seek.

~Nora

Expert:  Wayne replied 2 months ago.

My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising Antiques for over 40 years, and I can help you with this. Can you post a photo of the marks?
Can you post a photo of this?
1.
Click the paperclip icon
2.
Click the Browse icon
3.
Click the Browse button
4.
Select your file and click Open
5.
Click OK
6.
Click Insert
7.
Click Save Changes on this page
ffshttp://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0