Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

We have a set (38 of the 40 numbered volumes) of The Harvard

Customer Question

We have a set (38 of the 40 numbered volumes) of The Harvard Classics, copywrite date 1909. Are they valuable? Whether they are or not, we would like to find someone who would take them.
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: We have a set of 30 of the 40 numbered volumes of The Harvard Classics, copywrite date 1909. Are they valuable? Whether they are or not we would like to find someone who will take them.
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: The volumes are soft cover and are in fair-good condition.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques and art collector as well as a dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you. Please know I do not send pop-up offers. Although I am USPAP-trained, the assessments given here do not meet USPAP requirements.
Thoughtful responses take time. My responses are not instantaneous.

In one sentence, you say you have 38 volumes but ib another you say you have 30.

How many volumes do you have?

Kind regards,

Doris