Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have an etching by Zhang Shou-, The Swallows of the

Customer Question

I have an etching by Zhang Shou-Cheng, The Swallows of the Springtime Willow, with a Certificate of Authenticity. The matt is soiled. Is it valuable?
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: It says it is an original work of art created by Zhang Shou-Cheng. It says that it is an etching in pure silver and 24 karat gold on fine burnished copper. It has the signature of A. William Johnston, Vice President, Collector Relations, for the Franklin Mint
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: just a history of the art and artist
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please cancel my request. I wasn't aware there was an additional charge after the $5.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 2 months ago.

I will send this to customer service for them to cancel it.