Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a set of Noritake Eltovar china. Where would be the

Customer Question

I have a set of Noritake Eltovar china. Where would be the place to try to sell it and how can I price it? Thanks, Elisa
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I just am trying to figure out where to sell and for how much.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: I have a complete set of 12 ea of different sizes and more dinner plate size.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Diana F. replied 2 months ago.

Hi Elisa. My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help.

.

If it's not too much trouble, could you give me a list of exactly what you have in your set? Depending on just what you have, the value can vary quite a bit..

.

Thanks

Diana

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will get you a list tomorrow. I will be traveling back home tonight. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I also have a very old set of crystal which I have not been able to identify. I am sending a couple of pictures.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please let me know if you have any idea what pattern this is. Thank you
Expert:  Diana F. replied 2 months ago.

Hi. There's no rush so tomorrow is fine.

.

As for the glassware, I can look, but odds are it may not be able to be identified. There are hundreds of thousands of glassware patterns and only about 1/4 have ever been identified. I'll be glad to see what I can find.

~Diana

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I would say the glassware is over 75 years old, at least. I inherited from my grandmother who was 105 when she passed away, and that was over 40 years ago. Is thr any other way that I can identify it?
Expert:  Diana F. replied 2 months ago.

That would put the glassware likely from the early 1900s. So many glass companies came and went back then that even for those that we have records of, the records are thin. It doesn't help matters that most copied each other, bought each other out, etc. In most cases, it's luck. I have over 10 different glassware books alone plus access to quite a few databases and I'll do my best to find the pattern, but, in all honesty, glassware that isn't marked can be nearly impossible to ID.

.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Diana. This is what I have in the Eltovar pattern.
21 Dinner Plates- 10 in. (25cm)
6 Cream or Soup- 7 3/4 in. (19 1/2cm)
4 Fruit Bowls- 5 1/2 in. (14cm)
14 Salad Plates- 7 1/2 In. (19 cm)
6 Square Luncheon Plates- 8 1/4 in (21 cm)
6 Two handled Consomme bowls with plate and 1 extra plate
1 Platter- 16 in. X 11 3/4 in. (40 cm X 30 cm)
I appreciate any help and guidance you can give me
Respectfully, Elisa
Expert:  Diana F. replied 2 months ago.

Hi Elisa. That's great. Thanks!

.

I haven't been able to find the maker on your glassware. It's a bow/swag pattern with vertical cuts and a square base or foot. Some might call it a drape instead of swag. The square base is not too thick and with the way the cuts are made, it pretty much rules out being from the 1800s. By looking at it, it looks to be an early 20th century set.

.

I can't find an exact match to it. If I had to narrow it down, I'd say it was like an old Hawkes or maybe a Duncan Miller.

.

I can value them based on what those kinds of pieces sell for based on similar patterns and makers, but just can't ID it. I'll be glad to value them too if you'd like.

~Diana