Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I bought an oil painting on Nantucket Island about 15 years

Customer Question

I bought an oil painting on Nantucket Island about 15 years ago. It looks to be very old andI think it is aSwiss mountain village scene. The artist name at the bottom is C. Bailey. and the back says it was framed in London by Winston and Newton at 38 Rathbone Place. It was purchased from one of the old sea captain's houses. Can you help me with this ? Thank you Pat Cochran email is***@******.***
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. Please add images at your convenience by using the +Add File feature next to the SEND button.

I will need to see to see pictures of the painting,
signature and any labels on the back of the completed framing. Give me time to do some research after you add pictures.
No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I do respond.