Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

Ellgreave (marked) Moses and Enoch flowered teapot in

Customer Question

Ellgreave (marked) Ralph Moses and Enoch flowered teapot in excellent condition (no chips, cracks or crazing). Close to 6" high to top of gold color on handle. Liquid part about 4" high. Squat shape; purple flowers front and back with gold pinstripe.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Ellgreave (marked)flowered teapot in excellent condition (no chips, cracks or crazing). Close to 6" high to top of gold color on handle. Squat shape; purple flowers on front and back, gold pinstripe trim.No. on back 1160.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: on bottom no of purple flower No# ***** ***** B
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.

Please post pictures of the item(s) and any maker's marks or signatures by clicking the Add Files link.
The link will prompt you to locate the file you'd like to attach from your computer.
You can repeat this process to attach more than one picture.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

This is a Wood and Sons (England) porcelain

teapot made in the 1920-1930 period in the Ellgreave shape

in pattern 454/B. They made a line of teapots in this shape

and painted different decorations like sunflowers, fruit or flowers.

This pot has a current value of $30 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local) , Wanelo.com,
Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com,
Ebay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house
near you and consign to them.

Please take a moment to click the five stars in the upper right of your
screen and hit the orange SUBMIT button to signal the site that I have
completed the question. Thanks!