Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a Ball Pocket watch serial # B626278 could you tell

Customer Question

I have a Ball Pocket watch serial # B626278 could you tell me what it is worth?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: my dad had it he passed 8 yrs ago we just found it in the sewing machine cabinet. it does work and looks nice
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: that's all i know
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 3 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature to add pictures of the watch, dial, inner case (where there will be marks, words or symbols) and the movement.
The serial number on a watch is on the movement (gears area) and not on the case. Those are always two different numbers.

Add pictures one at a time( add one, hit send, then do the next).

Once you do, give me some time to research.

No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I respond.

I can answer without photos.

This is a 1927 art deco period Ball/Hamilton size 16s

open face gold-filled (not gold) railroad pocket watch

with a 21-jewel, grade 999p movement. The value of

this watch is $525 to $600 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local) , Wanelo.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com,
Ebay and letgo.com (local).

You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

Please do click the stars now for this one, it is very important for me
to get good feedback for answering.