Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a Spanish frigate painting by Monti it still has the

Customer Question

I have a Spanish frigate painting by Monti it still has the sticker with all the information on it the number on it is 01724-795 I don't have the dimensions right now I need to find them I do have pictures of it how would I send you pictures of it
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 10 days ago.

Please also add photos of the painting and of the back of the completed framing.

The only photo that is showing here is the signature.

Expert:  Rarewares replied 10 days ago.

The Add Files feature (near the send button) will prompt you to locate the file you'd like to attach from your computer.
You can repeat this process to attach more than one picture.
Add one, write a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Spanish frigate painting by Monti the original sticker is on the back of the painting The number is *****
Expert:  Rarewares replied 9 days ago.

This is an Illinois Molding Co of Chicago (later Windsor Art Co, a division in California) wall accessory and not considered a fine art painting.

These pieces were made for home decor, offering custom framing from their catalog of frames.

This piece was created in the mid 1960's to late 1970's by a studio artist signing Monti. The company represented artists that would have otherwise been unknown and offered their custom framing as a premium additional charge. This piece has a current value of $40 retail.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit submit, thanks!