Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Is there any value to a silver plated over copper tea/coffee

Customer Question

Is there any value to a silver plated over copper tea/coffee service. 5 piece with tray. Needs replating. Tray is ornate.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Set is 51 years old.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Don't have any more info.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Diana F. replied 3 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help.

.

There is definitely value in silver plate. Much of it does depend on who made it and the pattern as well as exactly what pieces you have. Do you know the maker and pattern of your set?

.

If not, do you have any photos you can send?

.

If you'd like to send photos:

If your message box has a blue box that says "attach file" or a paper clip icon you can use that to upload photos. If not then you can click this link for instructions on uploading images
.
ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

.

thanks,

Diana