Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have an supposedly antique looks like side board but not

Customer Question

I have an supposedly antique looks like side board but not exactly sure. The fellow that I purchased it from says it is more than 200 years old. Cannot tell. If I sent you a picture of it will you be able to tell?
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: This item seems to have no nails in body of side board but does have small nails where medallions are attached to doors. Looks like someone may have removed some orange paint on the inside. The wood appears to be old on the inside. Not sure how to describe but would like to know if you can evaluate for me.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is Glenda
.
Do you have pictures you can send?
.
Please note, I do not send any pop up offers of any kind.
Appraisers do not make offers of any nature.

.

If your message box has a blue box that says "attach file" or a paper clip icon you can use that to upload photos. If not then Click the link: for instructions on uploading images
.
ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl
.
If your pictures are on a phone, plug the phone into the computer, then you can upload to the site right from the phone, the phone will be treated as a removable drive.
.

.
Glenda

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Glenda, please give me about 10 minutes to upload pictures. Thank you
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello

That will be fine, I can wait. I also want you to know I am unable to do a live phone call.

Glenda