Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I just purchased a large oil painting signed by M Chapot. It

Customer Question

I just purchased a large oil painting signed by M Chapot. It is a street scene with a shop called Victoria Gallery 1912. I have searched images and there are two similar paintings. Mine has large awnings over the windows that are a deep bluegreen. It is signed by M Chapot in red!
JA: The Expert will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Expert should know?
Customer: It 3ftX4ft and framed. I'm just wondering if it is an authentic Chapot and what it might be worth.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 month ago.

--------------

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. Please add images at your convenience by using the +Add File feature
next to the SEND button.

I will need to see to see pictures of the painting,
signature and any labels on the back of the completed framing. Give me time to do some research after you add pictures.
No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I do respond.