Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I have a H.F. Barrows - Wide Vintage Bangle Bracelet that is

Customer Question
hallmarked on the internal slide...
I have a H.F. Barrows - Wide Vintage Bangle Bracelet that is hallmarked on the internal slide bar "1/20 12K G.F.H.F.B. IN VERY GOOD CONDITION
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: My husband and are retired and on a very limited income looking to downsize.
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: not now
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/17/2017
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 7 months ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience: 40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.

Hello

Is your 12kt Gold filled Bracelet Etched or plain?

Glenda

It is etched with a 2 flowers and oblong design and a plain back

Thank you
.
This is your answer please read entirely, if you have no further questions after reading this please rate me.
.
I have been an Appraiser for over 45 years. I have also been an Antique shop owner, buying and selling on the current market.
.
The H.F. Barrows 12 kt Gold filled Bracelet has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $150.00-200.00 depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great!
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you need values for. Just send to "Glenda Only" I would be happy to help.
.
Glenda,
.
Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. They should be located top right of the page. Or you may see review expert or rate expert, you can click on that. This is the only way I get credit for my work.
.
If you using a mobile phone: scroll to the top of the page then click on Finish Rating, then click on the stars!
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.
.

Glenda B.
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser