Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
71377891

A friend of mine has asked me to look into this piece so I

Customer Question

A friend of mine has asked me to look into this piece so I agreed to do so....I only have this one picture to go by.....My friend believes that this piece is on some rough type canvas....I see its Hindu....other than that....Im clueless on this one.....what are we thinking???
the actual print measures 47 1/2 x 32 1/2 inside the frame....this is all i know.....Thanks-
-Price
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 4 months ago.
Is it possible to get more images, such as photo of the backside and close ups of the surface so I can see the texture?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
these pics are pretty poor Nora.....im sorry
Expert:  Nora replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for the image, however the one attached here is not of the artwork. At your convenience, please add images of the backside and close ups of the surface so I can see the texture.

~Nora

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Nora replied 4 months ago.

Yes, the one image of the close-up of the blue god's face does help.

This is a picture on linen that was transferprinted and then embellished in color with hand painting.

It is from India and based on Moghul art, though this piece was produced in the 20th century.

This is the Hindu god, Vishnu. The women are offering alms to Vishnu.

This would hang at a business or home as part of a personal altar.

On today's market, it could sell for up to $100.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 4 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Im not sure if we are possibly missing something about this piece Nora, but an appraisal was done on this piece and there is a substantial difference in the two....
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Nora, You are saying $100 and my friend is saying $12,000-$14,00"
Expert:  Nora replied 3 months ago.

I guess I must be missing something by not being able to inspect it in person. ~Nora