Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a signed painting by Clyde O. Deland its the

Customer Question

I have a signed painting by Clyde O. Deland its the inauguration of ***** ***** the size is around 42x30
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I thought so Pearl I live in Philadelphia
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: not really I have a painting that hung outside my mothers bathroom all my life and when I took a good look at it I was surprised that is was a O.deland
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques and art collector as well as dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you. Please know I do not send pop-up offers. Although I am USPAP-trained, the assessments given here do not meet USPAP requirements.
Thoughtful responses take time. My responses are not instantaneous.

What size is your piece (in inches) not including the frame? Please do not remove from the frame.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment.
If you cannot send photos, I can still work with your descriptions; however, I can give more accurate answers if I have photos.
Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send photos of the front and back of your framed piece.

Please send a photo of the signature.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the signature.

To send photos you may use the "ADD FILES" in the blue box link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

OR-

Site Help With Photos:

1-***-***-****

The Help service with photos does not cost extra. This is not the same as the pop-up that asks about phone calls. The pop-up is an extra phone call service related to the appraisal, not photos.

I do not send pop-up offers.

Kind regards,
Doris

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Its around 42 x 32 I could get the exact measurements tomorrow for you but I think its close. Should I send you a pic of the painting
Expert:  Doris replied 4 months ago.

Yes. I need three photos....front, back and signature.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok
Expert:  Doris replied 4 months ago.

I look forward to seeing your photos.

Kind regards,

Doris