Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have inherited a pair of sterling candlesticks w/ a

Customer Question

I have inherited a pair of sterling candlesticks w/ a sterling stamp and various marks, but clearly BSU and London 1683. can you help me?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: there is an eight sided base w/ what appears to be floral engraving. 7Inches tal
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: 3 silver marks above the sterling stamp that I can't decode
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 3 months ago.

Please send images at your convenience.

~Nora

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
to what address do I send the picture?
Expert:  Nora replied 3 months ago.

Hi~

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~OR~

You can try emailing your images to *****@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

~Nora

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
just sent 2 pics to" just answer.com for nora/ antiques "address.
Expert:  Nora replied 3 months ago.

Great, thanks! I will certainly let you know when they images do arrive to me. ~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 3 months ago.

I received one image that shows the underside of the candle holder. The photo, however, does not allow me to clearly see the marks stamped on it, even if I try the zoom feature. Please send a more clear, in-focus image of just the marks at your convenience.

~Nora

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
new pix on the way
Expert:  Nora replied 3 months ago.

Great, thank you!