Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have three items, two paintings and I believe silver and

Customer Question

I have three items, two paintings and I believe silver and copper looks like you poor coffee or tea out of, can I send pics?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: One painting was in 150 yr old farmhouse in SE Michigan, very old, that was 25 yrs ago, it's not on a canvas, looks softer, a beautiful ship with the captain to the right smoking his pipe looking at ship, I call it man of the sea. The next antique painting I bought at garage sale, I call it working woman, I saw it on the wall of the parents home in broke back mountain. Can I send pics?
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Yes, you need pics
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 month ago.

Please send images at your convenience.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Did you get the pics?
Expert:  Nora replied 1 month ago.
I have not yet received images.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How do I send them????????? I tried
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Did you get them, says was sent.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The man of the sea pic is on felt, or something like that.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Where are you from (state and city)
Expert:  Nora replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for the images. Please allow me some time to look these over for you.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your patience.

Your tea or coffee server was made by Sheridan from Taunton Massachusetts. This mark was used from 1946 -1973. It is silverplated. Silverplate does not have a precious metal melt down value like sterling silver. On today's market, this could sell for $15 - $30.

The ship painting is likely from about 1930. It is a primitive or naive painting by a hobbyist painter. On today's market, it could sell for up to $100.

The image of the women working in a field during harvest is a color framed reproduction of a Social Realism painting. This could sell for up to $100 as well.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm not totally satisfied, need to know name of painting with working women, saw painting on movie, has a name. And the "tea pot" has three stamps on bottom and did some research and found it to be from 1800's need more info
Expert:  Nora replied 1 month ago.

The 3 stamps on the underside are the crown, S, and shield, which is the maker mark for Sheridan. This is not from the 1800's. Attached is a photo of matches to your mark; the company was not established until 1946.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 month ago.

The painting is "Hay Gleaners".