Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
71377891

I have an original Eugene Garin Painting Entitled 'Cresting

Customer Question

I have an original Eugene Garin Painting Entitled 'Cresting Wave' it has a lot number on the back 2205 and an INSECTOR 13 mark on the back. It is a original and measures 3feet by 4 feet. Any idea of the worth?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: No that's it
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 4 months ago.

Please send images at your convenience.

~Nora

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok. Here are pictures attached. It will not allow me to send pictures here. Do you have an email/?
Expert:  Nora replied 4 months ago.

Hi~

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~OR~

You can try emailing your images to *****@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

~Nora

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I just emailed them to support.
Expert:  Nora replied 4 months ago.

Great, thanks! I will certainly let you know when images do arrive to me. ~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 4 months ago.

I received your images and thank you for your patience.

An original Eugene Garin painting can sell for $1000 - $1500 on today's auction market.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I know it's worth more than that because a similar painting just sold for 7800.
Expert:  Nora replied 4 months ago.

Please send me a link to the one you found that sold for $7800 and I will be happy to weigh in.

~Nora