Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I received a set of Little Hostess Dishes for playtime, for

Customer Question

I received a set of Little Hostess Dishes for playtime,
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: for a gift and its the dainty pastel pattern. Its in its original box (a little rough) 28 piece set and all the pieces are there with the exception of one bowl, which was broken and glued back together. I think its approx. 60 to 63 years old. I would like to sell it, but not sure what it would be worth? Any help would be great. Elaine
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of.....I think I saw one on line the same as the one I have quite a while ago for either $100 or $150 and the box was sold solo for $19 and one was $25 depending on the condition of the box.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello Elaine

Is this the set that was sold By Hazel Atlas? Is it in the original box?
Glenda

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It says made in Japan and sold by Sears Roebuck and Co
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No not necessary. I don't have any concerns, just wanted to know what it was worth?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Did you get my previous response?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I said I did not want to switch to a call but have not received any response at all??

Hello

I just got your message, I did not send a phone call request, that came from the site as an upsell offer.

Are your dishes glass or metal?

Glenda