Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  Bachelor of Arts Degree (summa cum laude); 10+ years exp.
48688175

I have a Mr. And Mrs. Claus from I believe 1968. Santa is

Customer Question

I have a Mr. And Mrs. Claus from I believe 1968. Santa is missing his hat at the moment. I am trying to find a ball park price on them
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Santa is hold a burlap sack and Mrs. is wearing a pink and white striped apron and is holding the skirt
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: No
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Diana F. replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help.

.

Could you send photos of them?

.

To send photos:

If your message box has a blue box that says "attach file" or a paper clip icon you can use that to upload photos. If not then you can click this link for instructions on uploading images
.
ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

.

thanks,

Diana

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Here they are
Expert:  Diana F. replied 4 months ago.

Thank you. Those are interesting. Do they have any tags?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Each has a small tag stating. Annalee Mobilitee Doll. Meredith N H
But I see 1969 not 1968 as I was told.
No other tags
Expert:  Diana F. replied 4 months ago.

That's perfect. Thank you.

.
Annalee dolls have been around since the 1950s. They were originally made by hand by Annalee Thorndike out of New Hampshire. She's been making dolls since was a little child and after her family farm began to fail, she starting making dolls to keep her and her husband afloat. What's interesting is that even as the company grew, they still made dolls more or less out of the worker's homes. They actually did that up until around the early 2000s. They've made everything from dolls to ornaments.

.
They made this pair for the holidays for quite a few years. The outfits and colors would change, but the design and faces stayed pretty close to the same.

.

He didn't always have a hat. Some did, but most were actually made without them. So, I don't think yours was lost. In some she would be holding a little present or stocking too, but you don't see that very often.

.

They look to be in great condition. They pink striped aprons are a bit uncommon. That's usually called a peppermint striped apron. Between that and the age, they should be worth about $50 to $65. I have seen them sell as high as $75 when you have a more unusual pair and you can catch the right buyer.

.

The price will vary a bit depending on the exact condition and where you try to sell it. For the highest value, a private sale will be your best bet. You want to reach the largest audience as possible. Etsy is a great alternative to Ebay. Rubylane, Tias, and Cyberattic are great online stores, but they generally have a store "setup" fee. It may be a bit too pricey, but they do get the "higher" paying customers. Etsy actually has some of the lowest rates currently.

.

Ebay is more or less a last resort. It does reach a lot of people, but the values tend to be lower. You will always get a higher value by selling it yourself as opposed to an auction or selling it to a dealer. If you do decide to try Ebay, consider using reserves.
.

There is also craigslist. Your town might even have a facebook page dedicated to selling items (like an online garage sale). The only downside to these is you always run a risk of meeting someone that may be dangerous. If you go that route, never have them come to your house. Always meet someplace very public and never go alone. I don't generally recommend any of those options because I would hate for something to happen to you. One generally safe option is meeting up at a local police station. A lot of towns allow sellers to use their parking lots as meeting places.

.

That should give you quite a few options, but if you need anything else, don't hesitate to ask.
.

I hope this has been helpful to you. I do my best to offer you the most current values and information using the latest guides and recorded sales.
.

Please keep in mind I am only credited for my answer if you rate me positively. If you feel the need to use a lower rating which adds a negative mark to my profile or if you have any further questions about your item please feel free to reply to me and tell me what else I can do for you.
.

If you would like to use me on any further questions. Requesting me expires in just a short time. If you put my name (DianaF) in the question, that will make sure it gets to me.
.
I look forward to working with you again.
.
Have a great weekend.
~Diana

Expert:  Diana F. replied 3 months ago.

Hi. I was just touching base to see if you need anything else? I noticed you viewed my answer, but have not rated it. I was wondering if you had any more questions?

.

I also wanted to know if you were having trouble rating my answer? Rating me does not cost you anything. It just ensures I get credit for my work.

.

If you think you have already rated me, please reply and let me know. If you're having trouble rating my answer, please let me know.

.

Best Wishes,
Diana