Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I would like a quick history update and valuation on my

Customer Question

Hello I would like a quick history update and valuation on my vase
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: It has Chinese blue symbols underneath one meaning 17th century emperor 1v reign
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: It is blue and white with peacocks and lotus on it
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Robert S. replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help with your vase, it sounds most interesting.
Could you very kindly attach a photo of it and one of the entire bottom showing the whole footrim and some sharp close-ups of the decoration and I'll identify it for you and give you a value.
Also, how big is it? (Approximate height.)
Many thanks,
Robert.

PS. Attaching Images: Once you have the photos in your computer (if you are using a smart phone camera, just email them to yourself) it's then a simple matter to attach them. Just click on the paperclip icon, located above the text box where you are typing to me. If there's no paperclip, click on the "Add files" tab.
If you get stuck go here for help.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0
Alternatively, if you can collar a passing teenager with an iPhone they would have photos posted here in about two minutes.

Thanks! R.

Any chance of a photo?

If it's any easier you can email them to me, it just takes a little longer to get here as they have to go through a third party.

The only address that gets to me is:***@******.***
Mark the email for my attention, Robert S. in the Antiques category otherwise they won't know who to send it to. I work "on" rather than "for" JustAnswer as an independent agent so all emails have to go through them to protect everyone's privacy. It may take up to 24 hours, but I'll let you know as soon as I see it this end.

Many thanks!

Robert.