Robert S.
Robert S., Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in decorative arts especially ceramics, silver, paintings, and furniture.
63759197

S only.. Back on Sept 23 you appraised my mandarin hat

Customer Question

For Robert S only.Hi Robert.
Back on Sept 23 you appraised my mandarin hat ornaments. Did I send you a photo of the green one after I fixed it? Now that it is fixed what would the value be?
Thanks.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Robert S. replied 3 months ago.

Great job!

Just letting you know I got this.

Will have an answer for you as soon as I can tomorrow.

Many thanks,

Robert.

Good morning,

Just looking at the photo again, that's an image 'before' the fix, correct? Because the gilt metal dome with the "jewels" should be placed under the glass ball and the tiny cap on top. The smaller lower gilt metal dome (that forms the stand in your image) should be cupped up to clasp the ball like this one.

I think, as I mentioned before, this clear green color is not in the normal listings of the hierarchy of rank and color, however you do see them from time to time and they're most likely an alternate for the 3rd class blue.

Once fixed, I would bump up the value of your green one to $250 - $375 at auction (or eBay). Full retail/replacement/insurance: $750.

Hope this helps!

Best wishes,
Robert.

Expert:  Robert S. replied 2 months ago.

Good morning,

Hope this helps!

Best wishes,
Robert.