AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Certified Appraiser, Appraiser's Association of America. USPAP qualified through 2015.
30223878

I was wondering if this book titled the love letters of a

Customer Question

I was wondering if this book titled the love letters of a coquette published in 1902 was worth any value it is a small pink hardcover book
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: by Warren A. Hawley Philadelphia HENRY ALTEMUS COMPANY copyright 1902 on the back page there is a little picture of a book opened that says the W.H.BURGHARDT C.o BOOKS SALEM. ORE.
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: In the prologue it says it was the twilight of a perfect day in the year 189_ he felt a slight impact of my foot object lying in the pathway. I stooped and picked up a packet of letters
Category: Antiques
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 5 months ago.

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

Unfortunately, 19th and 20th century books are only rarely of high value. This was a period of great mass production, and books were easily protected and saved. Sheer volume of availability has kept values low.Love Letters of a Coquette, Warren A. Hawley, Henry Altemus 1902, has a current value of approximately $60 - $70.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you, please rate my answer. I am not paid by the site until you do. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer, and I will continue to be available if you have more questions on the item. Thank you.

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars. I always strive for 5 star service, but please rate as you feel is appropriate. However, if you are considering a low rating, please try to give me the opportunity to improve my service to you first!

If you’d like to request me for future questions, please put " for Jennifer only" in your post. I respond to requested questions first.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

I see that this question remains "open." How can I help you further? I strive to always provide five-star service.

I am happy to continue to work with you until you are completely satisfied.

Sincerely,

Jennifer