Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I have a set of old pearls can you help me with that, I have

Customer Question
I have a set of...
I have a set of old pearls can you help me with that
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I have a set of old pearls can you help me with. They are in their original case Inside the box it says Th. Hundgen. Uhren und Goldwaren .DUREN. WirtelstraBe. 29
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: There are 60 Pearls and they are knotted. There is something on the clasp but I do not have a magnifier to read it
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Antiques
5/16/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 8 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.
Please post pictures of the item(s) and any maker's marks by clicking the Add Files link.
The Add Files feature will prompt you to locate the file you'd like to attach from your computer.
You can repeat this process to attach more than one picture, best to add one,
write the word picture in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

I hope this will help. Please reply. Thank you
I know that they are at least 55 years old and I am positive they are a lot older than that

This is a set of real hand-knotted pearls with a sterling silver and pearl clasp made between 1950 to 1960

and sold by Theodore Hundgen, watch sellers and jewelry store at Wirtelstrabe 29 in Duren, Germany.

They still have a jewelry store in the same spot and have been there since 1896. http://www.huendgen.com/sortiment/schmuck/index.html

Your set of pearls have a current value of $800 to $1000 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local) , Wanelo.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, Ebay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

***Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. Bonuses are also welcome! ***

If you need more help, the question thread will stay open so that we can still talk about this item even after you have left a rating.

Did you receive the pictures

Yes, and I answered above. I will add the answer again here.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.

Please do click the five stars and hit submit .

This is the only way the expert is credited separately for answering.

Rarewares
Rarewares